14 min read
The Ultimate Guide to Website Development: Django and Angular
Web development trends have played a major role in moving businesses online in the last decade. Django and Angular are some of the major website development platforms today. Comparing Django vs Angular would be incorrect from a technical standpoint (the former is used for the back end, and the latter — for the front end), so this article will discuss the specificities of each technology in detail.
Django is a free and open-source Python web framework that adheres to the Model-View-Template design patterns. The Django Software Foundation created this versatile framework to assist developers in building web apps efficiently.
Some may confuse Django with the Django REST framework. However, the Django REST framework is a set of tools that uses Django to create RESTful APIs. They are meant for various purposes, and the REST framework is much easier to learn than Django. It’s possible to use only Django for building an API, but the REST framework makes the process more straightforward and convenient thanks to the features it provides (serializers, view/authentication/permission classes, etc.)
Django is a synchronous web development framework with some asynchronous capabilities that allow for asynchronous Django web development. It is effective in creating social networks, content management systems, and e-commerce websites. This Python framework is known for its scalability, security, and usability, and is actively maintained by a large developer community.
Django’s architecture emphasizes reducing repetition in code by providing an efficient method for building database-driven websites and business apps. Django also includes libraries that help developers avoid common security errors.
Django and Angular: Determining Key Features
Let’s discuss the key features of the technologies to understand them better.
Django is one of the best Python web frameworks. Below are its main benefits:
1. Extensively Tested
Django is tested by the framework’s core development team as well as a large community of contributors. This modern framework is known for its maximum stability, which is why many developers choose it to build complex web applications. It’s the developer community that helps the framework stay stable and dependable.
2. Number of Packages and Utilities
Various built-in packages in Django make it simple to develop web-based apps quickly. A secure user authentication system, an Object Relational Mapping system, a built-in administration interface, and web browsable API serialization are a few of them.
The ORM in Django offers a user-friendly interface for interacting with databases without forcing developers to create complex SQL queries. This simplifies scalable web application development without compromising performance.
The Django framework’s reusable modules known as standalone “apps” contain a certain set of features, allowing for a smooth exchange of code across several project releases.
It’s worth to mention Django’s template system that contains separate files with static HTML and template operators — keywords or symbols that allow developers to manipulate data formatting so that it is displayed as required. It lets developers define and organize the layout of a Django application.
3. Meant to Avoid Common Security Threats
Django implements built-in protections against common web application vulnerabilities. Besides, they are activated by default, so developers concentrate on other core functions. There is also a secure user authentication mechanism that simplifies the way developers use data and logins.
The security vulnerabilities the framework’s built-in protections can deal with include request forgery, cross-site scripting, SQL injection, and clickjacking.
4. Object Relational Mapper (ORM)
Django’s ORM offers backward compatibility — compatible with a broad range of databases and supports numerous database backends. Examples of these databases include PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and Oracle.
Django’s ORM is also highly flexible in that developers can define their database models and relationships. This simplifies creating complex data models as developers don’t have to concentrate on the underlying database schema.
5. Rapid Development
The Django framework’s pre-built features and tools help developers quickly create web applications with minimal code. For example, developers can create a fully functional admin panel for managing data in the database without writing custom commands. This simplifies the start of a new maintainable project and allows quick prototyping of other features.
Scalability is critical when developing web applications. Ideally, they should handle large amounts of traffic and users without downtime. The Django framework supports load balancing, and developers can distribute incoming data across multiple servers.
Django developers can create database-driven websites incorporating various technologies. Integrating Django and Angular — another versatile framework — helps developers create dynamic UIs. Besides, its integration with HTML elements and CSS is key to creating visually appealing web pages. This makes the modular Django framework a double-edged sword!
Angular is a framework for web developers to build highly scalable apps. Both Angular and Angular.js developers can create interactive applications, responding to user input in real time.
1. Cross-Platform App Development
The Angular framework utilizes Ionic with UI components for building mobile applications. The combination assists web developers with a robust platform crucial for building cross-platform apps. Developers can also create hybrid applications running on multiple platforms, including iOS and Android.
The Angular framework also supports PWAs, and developers can build easy-to-use apps that use the same code base on different platforms.
2. Less Code Needed
Developers need less code on the Angular framework to build complex web applications. Its declarative programming style aids developers in describing the structure of an application using less code. The Angular framework also handles many underlying details, such as data binding services, dependency injection, and event handling. Hence, developers do not need specifics on how these processes actually work.
3. High Speed and Performance
The Angular framework converts templates into code, a technique known as Ahead-of-Time compilation. Templates are precompiled before the application is deployed, reducing the work a browser needs to render the page. AOT compilation also reduces the size of an application, thus speeding up its loading time.
4. Code Consistency and Easy Testing
Two-way data binding services in Angular entail the data flow between the user interface and the component in both directions. When a user interacts with the UI, the component automatically updates the event binding data and vice versa. Two-way data binding keeps UI and the component in sync.
The testing capabilities of Angular allow developers to catch bugs and errors early in the development process before they become more complex and expensive to fix. The framework provides a simple testing environment with various capabilities, e.g., unit testing and end-to-end testing.
5. Supported by Google
Google’s involvement in the development of Angular means the framework benefits from many levels. Google has the financial muscle, expertise, and community support needed to take Angular to the next level.
Developers are assured the framework is constantly updated with other technical features and bug fixes. Google maintains Angular’s official documentation helping Angular and Angular.js developers with information about the framework. Besides, this extensive documentation ensures Angular maintains maximum stability.
Angular and Django: The Benefits of the Technologies for Your Project
Django and Angular are designed to solve different types of problems. We will look at what benefits they can bring to your project, as well as the type of projects each technology is best suited for.
What Is Django Known For?
- Simple syntax. An ideal choice for developers who want to create web applications quickly without learning complex syntax.
- Built-in web development server. Developers easily test applications without setting up a separate web server.
- Batteries included. These are all the essential tools and libraries needed to solve common problems in web development work.
- Object Relational Mapper. Django’s ORM helps developers to work with databases using Python code instead of SQL. When it comes to database migration, the ORM simplifies the process to a great extent.
- HTTP libraries. Creating HTTP requests and responses is effortless in Django because of these libraries.
- The finest web development framework. Django is one of the best Python web development frameworks capable of asynchronous web development.
What Is Angular Known For?
- Reusability. Angular provides developers with not only tools but also techniques to create reusable components and services.
- Simplified unit testing. Built-in testing tools help developers catch errors and issues early in development.
- Improved readability. The architecture increases testability and enhances code readability.
- Ease of maintenance. The modular architecture and code organization ease the maintenance required for large-scale applications over time.
- Simplified MVC architecture. Developers can easily organize and structure the code since Angular is built on top of the MVC framework.
- The flexibility of the modern TypeScript framework.
Django developers will help you build apps like:
- social networking sites;
- content management systems;
- e-commerce platforms.
On the other hand, Angular and Angular.js developers should come in handy when building dynamic and single-page web applications, a few examples:
- real-time chat applications;
- social media platforms.
Hire Django and Angular Developers via Expert Remote
Whether you need Django or Angular coders, you can easily hire expert developers to work on your project with Expert Remote.
Expert Remote is a website where you can find top-tier Django and Angular developers remotely.
Here is the simple process of hiring tech talent on the site:
- 15-min call with our manager. This step entails giving information about the position, such as the qualifications needed, the scope of the project, and the budget.
- Examining developer profiles. The next day you’ll receive CVs plus 1-min video self-presentations of 2–5 candidates matching your requirements. All of our developers passed our rigorous vetting process, with only 1% of applicants been accepted.
- Interviewing candidates. After reviewing their resumes, you can schedule interviews with the chosen people.
- Selecting the best candidate. Following the interviews, you can hire the applicant who best satisfies your needs.
Sign up to browse available developers
Rates from $20/h!Sign Up
Other benefits of the platform include:
- It’s super fast to hire with Expert Remote. Some of our clients hired a developer from us in just 2 days!
- The platform provides an 8-hour free trial that lets you evaluate a developer’s abilities before signing a long-term agreement.
- Expert Remote specializes in remote hiring so that you may select excellent candidates from anywhere worldwide.
Here are some common questions we hear about the Django and Angular frameworks and the appropriate responses to them.
Is Django Better Than Angular?
Both frameworks happen to be helpful for different purposes, depending on the project. In some cases, Django and Angular can be used on the same project. If you need to build fast single-page applications, then Angular is your best choice. If you prioritize only the operations on the server side, then go for Django. Keep in mind that Angular has better debugging capabilities thanks to its in-built debugging tools. This can save you a lot of resources in the long run.
Should I Use Angular with Django?
If you want to utilize the backend functionality of Django and Angular frontend functionality, then you can use them both.
Is Python Better Than Angular?
The answer depends on your project, Python is a general-purpose programming language, and Angular is a web framework.
Is Django in Demand in 2023?
Generally, Django and Angular are both in high demand right now.
Remote tech teams & the future of work blog
Remote tech teams & the future of work blog
Your form has been successfully submitted.